Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I got this idea for this dish from Astro Wah Lai Toi. One of the chef from a well known restaurant in Hong Kong prepared this.
1. Soak 6 pieces of medium/large size of shitake mushroom until soften.
2. Cut the soften shitake mushroom into a thin and long "string". Use a scissor to cut the edge by following the shape of the shitake. By doing this, you will get the thin and long stretch of shitake mushroom.
3. Cut the thin and long stretch of shitake mushroom into 3" long per piece.
4. Add one beaten egg into the shitake mushroom.
5. Coat the shitake mushroom with corn flour and let it rest for a while before frying it.
6. Deep fried the shitake mushroom and drained the excess oil.
7. Prepare marmite sauce. (1 spoon marmite, 3 spoon of honey, 1 spoon sugar, soy sauce, water)
8. Thicken the marmite sauce by cooking it under a medium heat for a while.
9. Once thicken, toss the deep fried shitake mushroom with the marmite sauce.
10. Sprinkle it with some dried fried sesame seed and serve with white rice.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes