Friday, October 19, 2007

My latest invention ... Bacon Roll

Hi all, my latest invention. Bacon Roll.....


In fact cooking is one of my passion. I like do cooking where I can try out new dishes and also in the same time, I can test my cooking skills. I use to have a housemate (Tze Yong) when we were in Melbourne. He used to say "cooking can help to release tension/pressure". Sometime I find it true as well because I can forget all the misery, problems and suffer in my work and enjoy the cooking session.

The recipe, at the bottom of the page.

Ehh .. where is the end-result photo. Too bad, it is too tasty that SF don't have a chance to take the photo and it is finished. The credit have to go SF for taking the photo. Oh ya, FYI, SF created the 1st version of bacon roll (picture not available). It is tasty in some sense but you know what, I improved her version of bacon roll. I have to give her credit here, she start complaining to me just now cause I didn't give credit to her. Here you go, my beloved wife, I loved you so much..... muackkksss


BLACK PEPPER BACON ROLL
200g bacon
150g mince meat
40g carrot (cut into thin strips (french strips))
1 piece of onions (english onions)

SEASONING INGREDIENTS (mince meat):
1 tsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp. cornstarch

GRAVY INGREDIENTS:
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with water
1 tbsp. oyster sauce

REFRYING INGREDIENTS:
3 tbsp. oil

1. Roll the bacon with mince meat in it. Add a strip of carrot/celery in the center to create a chewy sensation inside the bacon.
2. Heat small amount of oil and fry until bacon is dark brown, make sure the mince meat is cooked as well, drain and put aside.


3. Wipe pan. Reheat pan, add oil, pepper and onions. Mix and stir fry until aroma flows.
4. Add gravy ingredients. Ensure the gravy is thicken.
5. Pour the black pepper gravy on top of bacon roll.
6. Garnish the dish with either fried asparagus or fresh parsley.

Serve with white rice.

No comments: