Where is FOMEMA Sdn Bhd? It is located at Pusat Bandar Damansara, the immigration, HELP college and other government department.
Lot G1 - G10, Level 3,
Block G (Central),
Pusat Bandar Damansara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 - 2094 6188
Fax: 03 -2092 5610
- Prepare a bank draft of RM 190 payable to "FOMEMA SDN BHD". You can get this done at any banks.
- Bring a copy of maid's passport
- Bring original passport
- Get a form from FOMEMA
- Fill in the details
- Choose your preferable clinic/hospital for medical check & x-ray
- Register your maid
- You can bring your maid to the clinic on the next working day. Preferably you call up the clinic to make an appointment or to check doctor's availability.
- After 10 days of medical checkup, call FOMEMA at 03 - 2094 6188 and give them "Worker's Code" to check your maid medical status. You can get the "Worker's Code" details from the form given to you by FOMEMA.
- Duration: less than 30 minutes.
- Bring PEN
- FOMEMA check-up only needed for maid for the first 3 years. If your maid stay with you for the 4th year onwards, you do not need to go to FOMEMA again. Proceed to Immigration to get the work permit directly (of course bring along the bank draft)
After you get a "PASSED" for your maid's medical status, you can proceed to PUTRAJAYA IMMIGRATION to get the permit. Yeah, I'm saying PUTRAJAYA and some of you might be asking why not at PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA. Yeah, I know also but hoh, Malaysia have 2 sets of working procedure.
If you wanted to do the permit renewal at PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA, then you need to have I-Card for your maid. To do I-Card, you need to bring your maid to PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA with 1x passport size photo with WHITE BACKGROUND. My maid don't have I-Card so I have to go to PUTRAJAYA where they don't require I-Card. Bravo Malaysia.
Where is IMMIGRATION OF MALAYSIA IN PUTRAJAYA?
Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia
(Kementerian Dalam Negeri)
Tingkat 1-7, (Podium) No 15, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2,
62550 Putrajaya, WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN.
Tel: 03 - 8880 1000
Fax: 03 - 8880 1200
- 1 bank draft of RM 445 payable to KETUA PENGARAH IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA. (notes if you opt to go to PUSAT BANDAR DAMANSARA then this bank draft have to be made payable to PENGARAH IMIGRESEN NEGERI WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN)
- 1 copy of passport
- Bring original passport
- Get your queue number
- Pass the passport to the immigration officer to register
- Make payment at payment counter
- Get your permit sticker from another counter. (I waste most of the time at this counter. Waiting .. waiting .. waiting ....)
- Duration: less than 40 minutes
- From my observations, we can reduce all the red-tapes by having the registration, payment and sticker printing in one counter rather than counter hopping.
- Having more officer to serve the public
So folks, if you have time, you should go renew the work permit yourself since it is not too much of hassle. Those bloody agency is trying to squeeze out your hard earned money.
Update 21 Apr 2010
I just went to renew my maid's work permit at Putrajaya Immigration this morning. Fantastic, awesome. I reached there at around 9.20am. Got my things done in only 10 MINUTES !!!! Yes, it is that fast. Kudos to Swe Yin and P. Malaya, you guys deserved my respect for serving with dignity. Kudos to Immigration Department for Foreign Workers Unit.
I do reserved some comments for the cashier at Counter 2 this morning. Please be more courteous. Show some respects to the rakyat. If you so hate your job, change job. Don't show your dissatisfaction to the rakyat.
Update 19 May 2011
Just went to Putrajaya to renew my maid's permit. Well something has changed.
- Maid no longer need to be present for permit renewal. It was needed in 2010 but they changed the rule again. Now in 2011, no need.
- Only employer/spouse (bring your marriage certificate) can renew the work permit. No proxy (third party) is allowed.
- RM 445 bank draft payable to "Ketua Pengarah Imigresen Malaysia"
- Old and New passport (if you have just renewed the passport.)
Update 18 Apr 2012
I've just renew my maid's work permit via http://www.myeg.com.my/
- Very easy, just fill up the online form and pay by either credit card / online banking like maybank2u.
- Please have your maid's passport ready because you need the passport number and maid's DOB as part of the information.
- Levy charges has increased from RM 360 to RM 410. Other charges remain the same.
- Additional RM 38 as processing fees charged by MyEg. Well considering that if you need to take leave and drive all the way to Immigration office, parking fees and the waiting time. I guess RM 38 is quite reasonable.
- The breakdown of the charges:
Pass Charge: RM 60
Visa Charge: RM 15
Levy Charge: RM 410
Process Charge: RM 10
e-Services Charge: RM 38
Total: RM 533.00 (Previously was RM 445, now additional RM 50 (Levy) + RM 38 (e-services charges) which makes it RM 533. )