The new Canon Ixus 860 IS simply outclass our old Kodak Easyshare CX6330 in terms of its outlook and camera specifications (considering my CX6330 camera was 4 years old, 3.1 MP was actually quite high spec at that time). Let's witness the difference.
Our new "general" -- Canon Ixus 860 IS
Don't get me wrong that Kodak Easyshare CX6330 is a bad camera. In fact, CX6330 has served us for a good few years. From Malaysia to Ireland, Japan, US and many other places. The quality of the photo was indeed very good considering it is only a mere 3.1 MP camera. We like the photos taken using CX6330. It helps us to record down our dating days, wedding days, our beloved daughter younger days, vacation, family events and etc. CX6330 also a very ease to use camera.
I believe it is the nature law where old things have to make way for the new one to come ..
We chose Canon Ixus 860 IS because lot of people actually said, "For camera, you won't go wrong with Canon."
We have been testing with Canon Ixus 860 IS for 2 weeks now. There is pro and cons.
- Higher MP
- Got Face detection
- Got Image Stabiliser
- Colours taken very natural.
- More features to control in manual way.
- Macro photography was easy.
- Lack of optical zoom
- Date only inserted for postcard photo and not normal photo.
- Stitch assist need to use specific software to stitch photo instead of WYCWYG (Even my sony ericsson phone can do that).
- After turning off the red-eye reduction, the red light will still appear. Sigh, I wanted to take close shot of my daughter using auto mode but the red light keep appearing straight to my daughter's eye.