My latest creation ...
Golden Creamy Chicken (Wong Kam Nai Yau Kai)
2 pieces of chicken breast
3 pieces chili (preferable chili padi)
5 cloves of garlic (mashed it)
3/4 cup of evaporated milk
2 tablespoon of butter
salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken into long strip.
2. Marinade the chicken with egg, salt, pepper, corn flour and soy sauce. Wrap the chicken with food wrapper and kept in fridge for 1 hour.
3. Deep fried the chicken strip until golden brown. (Before you deep fried the chicken, coat the chicken with corn flour and let it rest for 20 seconds. This is to ensure the chicken moisture is able to soak the corn flour well and give us the crispy feeling.)
4. Drain the excessive oils from the fried chicken.
5. Melt the butter in frying pan.
6. Add in the garlic and brown it.
7. Add in curry leaves and chili and brown it.
8. Add in evaporated milk and salt, thicken the gravy.
9. Add in the fried chicken and toss it.
Serve with white rice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes