Friday, May 30, 2008

Residents upset over postcode change

It was reported in The Star, 29 May 2008 that postcode number in most of the area in Puchong have changed from 47100 to 471XX. You will need to find out the 'XX' from Pos Malaysia Postcode Finder webpage.

Residents of Taman Wawasan in Pusat Bandar Puchong, Selangor, are bewildered by the sudden change of postcode number in their area.

They claimed that the change in the postcode was made three weeks ago but they were not informed about it.

Puzzling: Kok (third from right) and the Taman Wawasan Puchong residents pointing at the road sign bearing the change in the postcode.

According to Pusat Bandar Puchong Residents Association president Awies Ung, for the last 10 years they have been staying there, the postcode has always been 47100 but the number is now changed to 47160.

“Many residents have complained that the change is very troublesome and inconvenient for them as they have to call up banks and mobile phone companies to update their addresses.

“They are afraid that some letters and bank statements would be delayed or would not reach them,” Ung said.

Aiyoh, why Pos Malaysia never send any mail informing the residents about this. It create so much of hassle now. Damn. IDIOT company.

In my case, I have problem, how to determined the postcode, the system in the web returned me 2 postcode for the same place. Aiyoh ... Now I need to call 1-300-300-300 to find out more.

Good luck to others that also lived in Puchong.

=== Updates at 11:17 AM ===
I called them, somehow, the operator don't know how to find it. Aiyoh, then I explained to her that I found 2 numbers for my place. Then I asked her, which one is mine? She was so nervous in telling me the answer. She herself not confident with her answer. Aiyoh, so I gave her 2 numbers and asked her to give me each of the place/taman name. Then I make some more investigations online to find out the postcode for my place.

Apparently, the Postcode Finder got bugs, for my place they accidentally entered 2 postcode numbers. I suspect their database have 2 entries of the same taman name with 2 different postcodes.

Aiyoh, good luck to others.

No comments: